As someone who wears a pair of hearing aids, I know the frustrations of feeling lost or left out while the rest of the world marches on. That’s why it’s personally important to provide you with all the help available.
Nashville Airport. Here are the locations of TDDs:
- Concourse B – Right of Noshville restaurant
- Concourse B – Right of Gate B8
- Concourse C – Left of Gate C5
- Concourse C – Left of Gate C16
- A/B Waiting Lounge – Right of stage
- C Waiting Lounge – Left of stage
These hotels explicitly state accommodations for the hearing impaired.
- Loew’s Vanderbilt
- Marriott at Vanderbilt University
- Aloft Vanderbilt/West End
- Nashville Opera and TPAC Performances (Tennessee Performing Arts Center hosts a number of local theatrical companies, touring shows, educational series including TED Talks and concerts)
- Ryman Auditorium
- Most movie theaters some form of help whether that’s discreet closed-captioning or amplified headphone sets. In my experience, you’re better off bringing your own earbuds or headphones.
Other useful posts for people with special needs:
- Resources for Nashville Visitors Who Have Disabilities
- Help with Food Allergies and Special Dietary Needs
- Navigating Nashville with a Wheelchair,